Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Increasing Popularity Of Home Remedies



For years mothers and families have relied on home remedies for the health of their loved ones. Recently, home remedies have become popular because of increased healthcare costs and healthcare dollars going to new diseases rather than more common ones. Home remedies are not only convenient, but with green becoming the new black, people are looking at more holistic remedies and a more natural way to live.

There are home remedies that are more risky and should be discussed with your doctor, but the ones we will talk about here are just simple common sense methods to keeping your cures at home rather than at the pharmacy. Home remedies are never a miracle cure. They can never take the place of knowledgable doctors and new healing technology. There is no home remedy to replace a cat scan or lab test. Do not give up the doctor for home remedies, but rather use them in combination with a smart healthcare plan.

One of the best home remedies I have ever used was for acne. I was out of my face wash and working in a grease pit diner. My grandmother told me to use gritty old toothpaste to wash my face and my mouthwash as astringent! I could not believe what she has said, but I was desperate. I used white toothpaste just like cold cream and then dabbed mouthwash over my face. Afterward, I dabbed a little of the toothpaste onto trouble blemishes like a spot mask. It would surprise you how well it worked. It does not take the place of a good acne treatment, but it got me through a few days with no new breakouts.

Another home remedy straight from my grandmother is the cure for a colich in a baby. When I was very young, I cried for days without rest. My frazzled mother called my grandmother to find out what to do about this problem. She was at the end of her rope. My grandmother instructed her to boil two whole bay leaves for about 15 minutes in a small saucepan. Then she was told to remove the bay leaves and pour the hot liquid into bottles and add enough sugar to cut the bitterness of the taste. Afterward she had to put them into the freezer long enough to cool the liquid to a drinkable temperature. She had no sooner gotten one bottle of this tea into my system and I was sound asleep.

You can research online for more home remedies and try them at your own risk.

Visit Aydan Corkern's sites:
http://www.hometheaterinstallation.biz/cities/home-theater-installation-chicago.php


0 comments: